Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I hadn't even finished my first margarita......



before realizing that I'm getting older. Happens to all of us I know but since I don't pay attention to numbers my age has a way of sneaking up on me -- surprising the hell out of me! I forget how old I'm becoming until a doctor or some such spoil sport insists I figure out exactly how old I am. I hate that! Takes me a day or two to forget the number and get back to normal -- for me.

Today it wasn't my age in years that was the culprit, it was realizing how the things I now like to do (and don't like to do) have changed. J. and I have been working outside the last two days (he on his Fiat and me on stuff around the yard. We called it quits early today, cleaned the dirt off and were deciding where to eat when a couple we haven't seen in a while stopped by. They were headed to Superior Grill. Sounded good to us, so we piled in the car and met them there.

We ordered and started chatting and catching up and the conversation soon turned to football -- no surprise around these parts. LSU's spring game is next Saturday and J. and the other guy were talking about going. All of a sudden (while I had been sipping my drink and talking to my lady-friend) I tuned back into the guy's conversation and heard that I was not only going to the spring game with J. and the other couple, but also a baseball game at noon, then tailgating until the spring game at 5 pm. Sheesh! All day. All day -- outside -- in the heat. No air conditioning. No conveneint bathrooms. Just heat, sweating, sweating drunks wandering around in the heat, more heat, and baseball. I hate baseball.

Now I love my Tigers, but not enough to risk heat stroke. I may do the football game because it's at five and things start cooling down around then (hopefully). No way am I gong to sit in the sun watching a baseball game though. Besides, LSU's not so good in baseball this year. I'm still not sold on the football game -- they're playing themselves for gawd's sake!

Thankfully the other wife feels the same. We'll decide this week if we're going to back out entirely or join our husbands on campus later in the day. Anywho....as I enjoyed the meal and the company I couldn't help thinking how I've changed. And you know what? It doesn't bother me one bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home