Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Basketball in North Carolina......



Basketball's big in NC. As big as football in the South I wonder? When J. was working in Fayetteville, NC (and son #3 and I were living in the 5th wheel in Clear Lake) during basketball season we couldn't walk into any of the Mom&Pop stores in Elizabethtown (the closest shopping) without seeing everyone gathered around a small tv set watching some basketball game. I hear that season basketball tickets (like season football tickets here) are disputed in divorces and wills. I can understand.

Anywhoo....last weekend A. text-ed me cheering that our Lady Tigers had advanced to the Elite Eight. I knew they were playing and was just going to check if the game was over (since I can't stand how basketball games can drag on and on and on and....) So, the Lady Tigers and North Carolina's women's basketball teams played last night in New Orleans. Lady Tigers won! Woo hoo! (I watched the last 3 minutes -- which lasted an hour and 1/2, I think....)

The point of all this is that A. told me everyone she works with and all their new friends and neighbors have told them that they must become basketball fans. She's trying. I asked her who she was going to pull for last night -- LSU or NC. She said LSU of course, but....if NC won she wouldn't be disappointed. Sheesh! I've lost son#1 to Oregon and now I'm in danger of losing my remaining three to basketball and NC.

Not sure who the Lady Tigers will be playing in the Final Four but -- Woo Hoo! LSU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home