Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Herbs......



I have herbs -- lots and lots of herbs. Three years ago, maybe, one of my Christmas gifts from J was a Chia herb garden. I think at work somone's child was selling them for school. For one reason or another I've not gotten around to planting them, but I finally got tired of J. looking at the box of herb seeds, looking at me, and saying I never used anything he bought me. (Not exactly true. Okay, maybe the rag rug weaving loom. ??? I'm sure it's nice but I've never had any interest in weaving. That was the year J was working in Wisconsin. Maybe it's big up there. Then there were/are the three uncut rubies for me to make a ring and earrings. ??? Again, nice but.... I could go on but I won't.)

So hoping the seeds had gone bad feeling energetic about a month ago (and tired of dusting the silly Chia box) I planted the things. All six pots of them. But where to put them? (That's really why it took me so long to plant them.) On the window sill of course. The only one that gets enough sun. The one my daughter's cat loves to sit in. Now this is a bay window -- meaning there are three window sills. I only used one for the pots. That left two for the cat. But, of course you know the one particular sill the cat decided she wanted to lay on. Yep! Cassie is not a graceful cat so when she tried to gracefully step between the pots it was a disaster -- numerous times. Amazingly none of the pots broke on their trips to the floor and the plants thrived. Now that the pots are outside....the cat won't go near that window sill. Another reason I so love cats.

Anywho....today I transplanted the herbs into bigger pots and put them outside where I guess they will soon try to overtake the house. I know I'll be sprinkling some on the tomatoes that are ripening on the vines (we have about 10. can you belive it!) Herb butters will be good but that means lots of good bread for the butter (and lots of extra pounds). I guess the herb butter could be used on veggies, too. Maybe I'll just enjoy rubbing the leaves between my fingers and smelling the lovely scents....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home