Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Purple Bedspreads & Burger King French Fries......



It's been one of those days where you stay busy with all sorts of odds and ends. I woke up bright and early. Couldn't go back to sleep so....I decided today would be the day to change out my winter comforter/curtains/pillow shams to the summer ones. Before last year I've always just left bedding on year round, but last year I ran across a good sale and bought new stuff. When I was changing the comforters out I realized I really like what I already had so I decided to just use both sets by changing them out during the year.

It was a problem deciding which would be winter and which summer since both sets are spring/summer oriented but one set is heavier so....that's the winter set. The winter set's red with large, bold, green fern-type leaves and some splashes of gold (very warm I decided). The summer set's lavender. I've got green accents in the room (throw rugs, pictures, lamps) that somehow work so they don't have to be changed out. But there is a developing problem in my house. It's gradually becoming a purple house. I don't know how this has happened but it has. One wall in my dining room's a pale lavender and one bathroom's a neutral purple with grey undertones. Now in the summers there's purple bedding in my bedroom. None of these purples are the shade my daughter painted her room when she was younger (thank goodness for that). For several years the walls of her room were purple and bubble gum pink. It was interesting.

After the bedroom switcheroo I decided to try and figure out how to take advantage of our new prescription drug mail order benefit. Now, after umpteen calls and a doctor's appointment, I think I've got that taken care of.

Then....as I was walking out the side door headed to the mail box while talking to J. I spotted the UPS guy walking away from my front door. We waved. I asked J what he'd ordered. He said "nothing" so I walked around front and brought the package inside. J had ordered a new DVD burner but he kept insisting it couldn't have arrived so quickly. So....he had me check and see if the shipping was free as stated on the site. The packing slip didn't say. I checked the bank online. It was free. Then he worried that the box was empty. ???? It wasn't. As he was trying to find someting else wrong my patience ran out. I told him to just shut up welcome a blessing (super fast shipping). He said he always did. Yeah!

Ohhhhhh....I did get a very interesting call today. A guy called for J. When I asked to take a message I found out J's talking to a couple of guys about joining their band. This guy was very talkative. Seems J's said he can practice two nights a week and play three to four times a month. It doesn't matter to me -- if I know about it beforehand. I'm just waiting to see how J plays this. He knows it doesn't matter to me but let's see when and how he tells me about all this. Is it evil to have info like this and just sit on it (admittedly, waiting on it to go south)? I know. I know. I'm setting myself up for disappointment or something. But....it's fun, right now.

About the Burger King fries. I went to drop the winter comforter set at the cleaners (which will cost a small fortune) and bumped into a coworker I haven't seen in ages. She was on lunch break so we stopped in the quickest and nearest restaurant for a quick lunch -- Burger King. I haven't had their fries in so long. I'd forgotten how good they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home