Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gettin' ready......



Three of my kids are headed home for the weekend -- along with a couple of friends --so it's going to be a busy, busy, busy few days. I haven't seen them since Christmas so I can't wait. I shopped and got the beds ready yesterday. Ugh! We'll probably be a bed or two short but I guess that's what sofas are for, huh?

The house we're living in really doesn't work for us now. Since we have a large family -- and they never travel alone -- I need space. Not umpteen bedrooms that will sit empty when they're not here, but a big open dual-purpose type space. Space that could be used for things we need to do when company's not here and then serve as living space for guests. I'm not sure what that would be. I do have a couple of ideas though. :)

It's shaping up to be a weekend full of eating. They've each requested a special dish for me to cook -- guess what I'll be doing today. And....there are a couple of restaurants they have to eat at. I don't know how we'll fit in all this eating, but....we'll give it a good shot.

Oh, it's also son #2's birthday. At a work lottery J. won a cake, so that works out perfectly -- son #2's birthday cake. I hope he likes it. I usually get him an ice cream cake so I guess we'll end up at least getting the ice cream for tradition's sake. My daughter will make sure of that. More eating. And I just realized the new Indiana Jones movie opens. Perfect! They can go see it with J and maybe (just maybe) I won't have to. Most of them are movie people like their dad. I'm not. That's why I like netflix so much. Watch at home. Whenever.

So, it's off the the races for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

A house full of kids!!!
How fantastic!

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home