Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day to all fathers everywhere....



I love fathers. I think men who take the time and make the effort to do the job in a loving, caring way -- the best they can -- are to be honored and appreciated. My husband has been a good father to our children and now that the kids are at ages where they are able to begin recognizing how much he cares for them and has tried to do for them, he is reaping some benefits from his efforts -- their love and thank yous. It means the world to him. I love that about him -- that he loves our children so much.

Do you see the picture of his Father's Day gift? A Wii. He's already played on it and doesn't know it. When the kids were in a couple of weeks ago we all played on it for hours -- along with the Wii Fit they got me for Mother's Day. J thought it was the kids'. He's going to be surprised today because he has wanted me to buy one since the kids left. I feared daily that he was going to go on ebay and get one. I had to lie to him assure him the kids and I were looking for one everywhere we went. It was true -- at one time -- weeks ago -- before the kids found one. So, today we're going to bowl, play tennis, hula hoop, balance, and....whatever other games are includes. I plan on being sore tomorrow.

I also got J a tee shirt with guitars on it since he's in a band now, don't cha know. Sigh. And I found a couple of CDs of funky beach music -- recorded live at the world famous FloraBama Roadhouse and Lounge. (One of our favorite places.) The titles of the CDs say it all: Down and Out in Paradise (featuring "I Get My Women at the Waffle House," and my favorite "On a Bus Back to Birmingham") and Tequila Makes My Clothes Fall Off -- by the famous Rusty McHugh. I'll admit this music may be an acquired taste.

I wish my dad was here so I could give him a hug and a kiss, but since he's not I'll remember him with this click here post. I was blessed to have a dad who loved me and I thank him for that. Happy Father's Day, Daddy. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home