Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's been a long week....

This week is being one of those weeks that seems to be made up of one thing after another that needs to be done. Nothing important -- just one little time-stealing task after another. And it's hot (not to mention the humidity). ....But it's way too early to start complaining about that! No rain -- which means lots of time spent outside watering the plants. I have to wait until about 6 pm or after so the sun won't evaporate the water pouring out of the hose -- not to mention evaporate me. We haven't had rain in over a week. Lots of big, fluffy, dark clouds but no rain drops falling from them. One good thing about the high pressure over us causing all this heat and lack of rain -- it makes it hard for hurricanes to come our way.

On my trip to the dentist Monday we devised a plan for taking control of my mouth. This plan is going to be intricate, iffy (meaning at times the next step won't be known until the dentist is in the process of working on my teeth),expensive, and....we get started next week. Summer's going to be fun.

Well, guess I better get son #1's birthday gift and card ready to go out in today's mail since it's got to go all the way to Oregon. Then I need to make a tuna salad because I'll be joining the salad get together later tonight. We'll sit, chat, eat, and toast the sunset (and try not to get eaten up by the mosquitoes). Egg salad. Tuna salad. Chicken salad. Tossed salad. Chef salad. Fruit salad. Fresh sliced tomatoes. Gallons of iced tea and lemonade -- along with bottles of wine and maybe a pitcher or two of icy cold goodies. Close to being at the beach? Nah. Not really.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I love the idea of a salad get together. I have salad every day, without fail, for lunch. Sometimes I'm a little self-conscience about it because everyone at work sees. I'm fine with liking what I like.

My family makes tuna salad the same way. The last 2 times I used canned salmon instead of tuna and tricked my 14 year old. Woo hoo.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

6:06 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Be careful with the tomatoes.

5:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home