Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Possums, raccons, and geese....





Oh, my! And throw in a huge heron along with the egrets that adorn the trees by the lake and that's a list of the wildlife in my back yard at present. It amazes me that I'm in the city yet have all these animals visiting. When I hear Cassie the cat bouncing off the glass doors that go out to the backyard and hissing like a demon from hell, I know the possums and raccoons have arrived for their nightly visit. The cat's antics don't upset the wild animals at all. They stand and stare at her -- which makes her even more berserk. Even J and I don't scare them. They actually cock their heads and look at us -- with their devilishly gleaming eyes. It doesn't help that I caught J leaving them cat food in a bowl. Who knows what else will show up once word gets around?

It's son #1's birthday. He called Sunday for Father's Day and had already gotten his gifts in the mail. I hope he calls tonight. If he doesn't we may try and call him but his phone situation is cooky-boo so we probably won't be able to contact him. I'm just so very, very, very glad he's in touch with us and most of all that he's saying some things that give me hope. The fact that he's still alive and kicking (and thinking) strengthens my belief in prayers -- his, too, he's told me. Of course, I've had hope before and it's been dashed (time and again) but where your child is concerned you never stop hoping, believing, praying....trying.

My dentist visit wasn't as bad as I feared. (They usually aren't.) I got a call this morning asking if I could come in early -- which I was glad to do. When I got there I learned that Dr. K wanted to see LSU's 1 o'clock baseball game from Omaha. I'm glad he worked on my mouth before the game because, as I click away at this post, it doesn't look like the mojo's workin' for LSU. The next dentist visit will be a doozy when they extract a tooth. But....we'll think about that next week.

Well, guess I'll go check the score. I refuse to watch baseball -- untill the last two or three minutes if LSU's doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home