Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm going to have to find a new doctor....

because the one I have now keeps finding things wrong with me.

That's what I'm going to tell my doctor next week. If he doesn't give me a clean bill of health -- that's it for him. I like doctors who say "everything's fine so go on your merry way."

Of course I'm joking but this going in for "a test for this or a test for that" is getting a bit tiring. I am grateful that the doctor says each time that he doesn't think anything's wrong. He just wants to get some "baseline" reads -- or something like that. But when he says things like "this spike in your liver count could be an indication that in three years you'll double over with gall bladder pain," I gotta tell you.... I told him I'd go home and mark it on my calendar. I know tests can be life-saving, but sometimes I think our society has more information than they know what to do with.

Enough about my medical life. ....Can you guess where I spent allll morning? Yep. At the lab getting blood work done so I can return next week and have the doctor tell me everything looks fine. Or....ummm, this or that count is a little increased since last time so we'll retest in six months. I guess since we have fairly good insurance for a change that I'm on a maintenance plan or something like that. Oh, well. At least things are fine and I'm not being put on any new pills. I'm grateful for that.

Not much happening around here -- except for people coming to clean the air conditioner and then Thurdsay morning waiting for the insurance adjuster to climb up a ladder an take a look at the roof. We had a horrible hail storm here a while back and everywhere you look new roofs are being put on. I feel so sorry for the roofers up there in this heat. I didn't think we had any damage until....two weeks later when it rained agin and my kitchen counters were covered in water. Missed my coffee pot by inches. That would have made me mad.

Next week proves to be just as interesting with a trip to the doctor and then to the dentist to have a tooth pulled (they like to say extracted) and a temp bridge put in. Anyone have a bridge? Good? Bad?

And then there's that tropical depression way out by Africa. Not good. But they're telling us "it's waaaay out there, so don't let it ruin your 4th. start worring next week." Okay....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home