Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why is it that....

I get the neediest repair people? Maybe it just seems that way, but....the ones who come to my house always need something. They've all (well, almost all) been such nice guys (one gal), but why can't they just do their job without finding more problems and asking me questions I have no idea how to answer? That's my rant for the day. ....I still have Direct TV dude this afternoon and Cox dude tomorrow so I'm sure more will be coming.

The roofers may be through. I'm not sure. The cloudy skies this morning must have tricked them as they did me. I bolted upright in bed at 7:05, looked at the clock and thought....sh*t! But....all was well. They didn't show up until around 7:30. I know because that's when the first knock came. :) :) But I was ready for them. Dressed, with my first cup of coffee in hand. Not that I needed any coffee this morning having awakened with such a jolt.

I think they are finally through. I'm not sure. I thought they were through a couple of hours ago when they knocked and asked me to unplug the power cord. Then I heard sounds and when I looked out the window they were pulling away from the house -- the l-o-n-g truck, the van, and the SUV. (How many were here? I never figured it out.) But....I was wrong. I figured that out as I was finishing the shower I thought I could fit in before Direct TV dude gets here. Nope. That's what I get for thinking instead of just sitting here -- on call.

As I turned the water off I heard the doorbell and the knocking. Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! I, again, thought (actually shouted). But, all is not lost. I have learned that I can go from soaking wet to minimally dry and minimally dressed in a matter of a few, very few seconds. And....best of all....I seem to have learned to speak some form of Spangish! Yes indeed. The Mexicans and I are communicating much better now.

Direct TV guy and I will have our own special problems when he shows up. You see, J who insists on making things as difficult as possible wants the DVR on the tv that Direct TV guy says is going to be very difficult to do. When I heard this I said...no problem. Put it on the tv that's easiest for you. But....noooooooo. J wants it on this one special tv. Who knows why but him.

So. I expected no problem (well, actually I did) because J said to call him when Direct TV guy arrives and he'd come home to explain things. Now see. When J said that, I knew it wouldn't be that easy. And, of course, it isn't. J called a few minutes ago and said he was at a job site and would be back in about three hours. (I know good and well he's in New Orleans pigging out, but we'll get to that tonight.)

Anywho....in three hours Direct TV guy will (hopefully) be here and gone. J called while I was in the shower so I found this out by voice mail. I didn't get to tell him first-hand that if there are any problems I can't handle -- the frickin' DVR is going in the tv that's the frickin' easiest! Whew.

Well, I'm off to wait for Direct TV guy -- and all that will come with him.

clink. clink. can you hear the sound of Jack splashing over the ice cubes? I even have a slice of lime. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home