Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ahhhh! Now I can pee....

The Roto-Rooter guy just left -- 4th time this year, or....approximately every two months they visit. It gets worse each time. Last time he told me he'd suggest running a camera through the lines ($300.00) if our problems keep up. This time he said we possibly have a collapsed pipe -- which means having someone digging in the back yard to find it and then having it repaired. *&%^&*%! When it rains it pours!

I am so sick of dealing with repairmen. Nothing personal. I'm glad they are there -- they are worth their weight in gold (and I've been blessed to have competent, polite ones arriving to fix things. It's just that they ask questions I can't answer. Our house is old -- and apparently we've been grandfathered in on lots of things that seem to surprise the hell out of younger repairpeople. Many times the repair person and I just kind of stand by whatever needs repairing...staring at it. Then they go to work and figure it out or I call J. -- (if he's in the country) to see if he knows the answer.

Today....J was here -- at the house. How's that for timing? He had to go to New Orleans this morning and on the way back to work stopped by the house for lunch. That's when he found out water was backing up in the tub again. I am so glad he was here to handle it because I'd had a hell of a morning and just didn't feel like fooling with it all.

For the moment all's well. Oh....we had our new washer and dryer installed Tuesday. Love them. I washed and dried seven loads this morning -- and then the tubs started backing up. I swear the problem has to do with the washer but J and Roto-Rooter guy say it's more than that. Would it be cheaper to go to a washeteria or have the sewer line fixed I wonder?

Well, excuse me. I think I'll go pee again -- just because I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

LOL!

You are adorable.

1:44 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

As Joni Mitchell would say...don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone...
Bask in the joy of good plumbing while you may!!

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home