Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, August 15, 2008

Packing....



Well, I should be packing, but for one reason or another distractions keep popping up (or ringing the doorbell -- or the phone). That fuzzy picture you see above this post is the music I'm listening to. It's funky Alabama Gulf Coast music by a unique Gulf Coast singer/songwriter -- Rusty McHugh. The title of the CD is "Down and Out in Paradise." It's hilarious. Of course....it helps if you have intimate knowledge of (and experience with) Alabama's beautiful gulf coast area. It's definitely music you have to be in the mood for.

Here's a paraphrase of one of my favorite lyrics (for today at least): a wandering husband/lover is trying to weasel his way back into his wife/lover's good graces and she says, "I'm not takin' you back, Party Boy. Just head on down to WalMart. They take anything back." (See what I mean about "having to be in the mood for this music?" If these songs (along with a glass of wine) don't get me to packin', I don't know what will.

For J's Father's Day I got him this CD I'm listening to, along with another one titled "Tequila Makes My Clothes Fall Off" -- it has one of my all time favorite beach songs, "On a Bus Back to Birmingham." See. I warned you all (Click here) a while back that I do tacky well.

So, let me get back to it. We'll never get out of here tomorrow if I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home