Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, August 30, 2008

An odd kind of day....

There's a football game going on and LSU is doing quite well. Okay, truth be told, they did quite well in the first half but the second half's starting kind of slowly. It is @ 95 degrees and the humidity's off the scale. (For the last few days you can't walk to the mailbox and back and stay dry.) The game will be over soon and there won't be much to deflect thoughts turning to Gustav.

Friends are supposedly coming over for the BAMA game (the guy's a BAMA fan like us --we have to band together), but they live east of us and if contraflow is called before the game's over they'll have a hell of a time making their way home. It's frustrating not knowing how much food prep to do. But, that's part of life. I guess.

Nothing new to say about Gustav. Nothing good, that is. It keeps getting worse. As of now, it looks as if it could be like Andrew. We had more damage with Andrew than with Katrina because we were on the bad side. And we just got a nice new roof. Oh, well. I'll think more about it after the game.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Stay safe and update when you can, OK?

7:46 PM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

PS. I never heard of the word contraflow till this post. I just heard it on the news. I had no idea of the strength and potential disaster this hurricane might bring till seeing the news this morning.

I just saw that today is the first day in history that all lanes are in contraflow. You must be out of town by now.

4:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home