Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, August 22, 2008

Here comes Fay....

Fay is an example of why people living in hurricane prone locations don't just pack up and go each time a hurricane (or tropical storm) looks as if it's headed your way. Last Friday, as we were packing for the beach, Fay was headed to where we were headed. Thankfully, she veered away and we had a lovely week. But....as we're packing to leave the beach and head home -- here comes Fay, again. It goes to prove that storms have a mind of their own. I think we'll just barely miss the heavy rains that are getting closer and closer. I want to go on and leave tonight but J wants to stay and leave in the morning. I told him if it's raining, he's packing the car on his own.

We've had a lovely week. J got his usual Irish tan -- (can you say "red as a lobster?) -- so that meant less time on the beach for a day or two, which sucked, but we spent most of the day in the sand and water today. The two days we laid low we investigated some interesting options for spending more time down here. More on that later, if it comes about.

We also managed to catch a couple of songwriter open mic nights. I love the trop rock played down here. Of course, it probably helps if you're here when you hear it. It was nice sitting and drinking and listening. There are some really odd people down here, but I guess that's true wherever you are.

Well, the wind is howling around the corner of the condo and I just can't concentrate so I'm going to go and pack a little more. Hopefully we'll get out of here before Fay blows us out....

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I would'a been in that car tonight and on my way home. I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow. Fine but wet? I'm so glad it was a good beach week. I can't believe I've been home almost 2 weeks. Time flies when you're not on vacation!

5:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home