Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, August 29, 2008

This is when hurricane fatigue can start setting in.

You've pretty much done all you can to prepare, and now all that's left is -- to wait. Emotions swing from anxiety to calmness to fear to acceptance to suspended belief. You listen and watch. You see the storm lessen, then intensify, head straight at you, and then veer to the east or west. You realize you're completely helpless. You could leave, of course. And if you stay and the storm hits, at some point you know damn good and well you'll be wondering why you were stupid enough to stay. You'll swear you'll never stay through another storm....ever. But, then, you do.

It's also when you don't know what to eat or drink. All those supplies. Should I save those cookies? That candy bar? Should I drink another Diet Dr. Pepper? Should I open that bag of chips? And, on it goes....

But...this time (unlike Katrina) there seems to be a plan in place. This may end up as a dress rehersal (God willing), but, so far, most everyone seems to be taking things seriously.

And tomorrow LSU will play App. State at 10 o'clock am. Bright and early. Ug! And then, everyone will be told to leave the stadium and head north.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home