Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, September 28, 2008

And the walls come tumbling down....

Well, the work on the house is set to start this week. Thursday, two guys came by and finished taking out the wall in back of the house that's been leaning, removed the roof that had fallen in the back two rooms, and tore down the part of roof still up -- but sagging. It sounded horrible. I think I may have some sort of complex now because whenever I hear wind or loud noises I look up at the roof of my house and wonder if it's going to fall on me. Bad not to trust your house to protect you. Note to self: get over it.


So....with the back wall of the house finally all the way down, J. and I could get inside and finish pulling out and inventorying all the moldy, mildewy, smelly crap stuff. That's how we spent our weekend. A-l-l weekend. I also raked piles of leaves and limbs and branches that Ike left behind. You see, we just had time to somewhat clean up after Gustav when Ike visited and blew down anything Gustav had loosened and left behind. It looks somewhat better but it's going to be awhile before things are normal again.

On an up note, both my teams won this weekend. Roll Tide! Geaux LSU! Son #3 called, thrilled to tell me the new AP poll was out and BAMA's #2 and LSU's #3. Amazing. Lots of football left to play, but it's all good at this moment.

I guess I'll go to bed now because I'll probably wake up with the chickens until I find out the workers' schedule. Do workers have schedules?

2 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

I've been out of the loop for a week and just read all of your posts. Wow. Unbelievable. And seeing that news clip about the city being pitch black...When will all the work be done on your house?

5:59 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Hi evi....Hope things are going well for you. Work on the house started today. I hope it will be done by the end of the month. I hope. I hope.

10:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home