Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Concrete's in....

They didn't show up until Friday -- but the patio's poured and the slab is evened up. It looks good. In fact, I think I'm going to be able to have the stained concrete I originally wanted. And....M-the-contractor says the stained concrete will be less expensive than tile. He's going to send his concrete man out and we'll see. (I love the way he has people: framing people, flooring people, concrete people. I wish I had so many people.)

I have our contractor pegged. I add two days to when he says someone will be here. Works every time. The framers are the only exception so far. They showed up today. Saturday. And....I think they must have had a big night Friday night because one of the two walls they framed in was crooked. They've done good work so far but today they were off -- as was the wall they framed. So far that's the only glitch. At least the only one I've known about.

On a completely different note, we had to take Cassie-the-cat to the Pet Emergency Hospital Thursday night around 10:30. Basically, she couldn't use her front and back legs on her right side. The vet thought it could have been a cerebral infarct because Cassie couldn't find the legs on her right side. The vet didn't have high hopes because Cassie's getting up there in cat years, but gave her a man-sized (as the vet put it) shot of cortisone and told us to take the cat to our vet and that he would probably put her on oral cortisone. The emergency vet said the goal would be to keep Cassie walking and able to live like a cat.

So....we carry the cat to the car and put her in the back seat. Remember, she hadn't been able to stand for a couple of hours. Well, we were driving down the interstate and all of a sudden Cassie's climbing to the front seat and into my lap. We get home, put her down and she's walking almost like normal. I'm thinking I need one of those shots she just had.

This happened Thursday night and she's been pretty much normal ever since then. She favors her right side but she's jumping on chairs and into the tub (one of her favorite places). We took her to her regular vet today and he said he didn't see how it could have been a stroke since she got better so quickly. I have to agree. The consensus is that she must have hit her head and been in shock, or maybe, because she likes to chew on electrical cords, she got a shot of electricity.

Whatever happened, I'm glad she seems to be fine and that I didn't have to spoil my daughter's weekend with bad news. She belongs to my daughter but lives with me. Odd how that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home