Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, October 23, 2008

My life....

I have nothing to say. Construction is the only thing happening in my life right now. Construction consists of: waiting for days with nothing happening, then....one day, when you least expect it, there is a flurry of activity and things happen -- fast. I don't function well with a complete no schedule environment. Can't help it. Just don't.

Today is one of those flurry days. The framers showed up bright and early. M-the-contractor had told me they would. All day today they've been sawing and hammering and nailing away. The windows are in. So is one of the doors. The room's looking like....a room. That's nice because that's how it's supposed to look. Today, as I was sitting in a back bedroom because the framers needed to take down the plywood that closes off the front of the house between them and me (makes life more pleasant for all of us....), anywho....as I hid out sat in a back bedroom with my laptop, I heard construction noises coming from two houses across the street and a couple down the street. There are some busy people in these parts.

So. The weather's cooled off again. That's nice. The construction's moving along. That's nice. I've learned to start and end my day with "Hola." In fact, whenever I venture into my kitchen and come face to face with the nice men who are restoring my house there are "Holas" all around. (You see, the kitchen is right next to the rooms being rebuilt.) I really should learn something else to say. Maybe -- cómo va? (If that doesn't translate to, "how are things going" -- blame Babel Fish.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Oh, the construction stuff is no fun. No fun at all. I feel for you.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

You've got a ton of patience. i hope your home looks like a palace when all is said and done!

5:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home