Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, October 27, 2008

Cover your ears because I'm going to use two of the dirty-est words I can think of right now....

Sheetrock dust! Yep. Sheetrock dust. The bane of my existance right now. If someone had told me about it before hand, I would have been tempted to live with the mold and mildew. No. Couldn't have done that. But....I might have told them to ....just tear the bad parts down. nail plywood over the openings and.... I'll live with it. But, noone told me so I spent all weekend trying to get rid of that lovely white dust that's covering every. damm. thing. in my house. And, keeping in mind that the part of the house that's not being worked on is jam packed with stuff from the part of the house that is being worked on, there is no way in heck that I'll be able to clean those areas until the construction is over. If it ever is over.

Oh, well. It is looking good, but I think J and I both are at a point where we don't really care. I know (I hope) it'll get better, but for most of last weekend, if someone had offered me a five dollar bill, I would have grabbed it, grabbed my purse and car keys and said, "au revoir et bon débarras." But, noone offered. So, here I sit. I hear they have to sand the sheetrock so -- more dust. And....(even tho I try not to think about it) the concrete slab will probably need sanding if it's stained.

Anybody have $5? ....I have change!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I've heard sheetrock dust is horrible. Now you know it is. I'm so sorry. Do they clean it up? Remember, one day the bad stuff will be a memory and you'll be living in your new space with a view.

4:25 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

Isn't there some sort of nuclear powered vacum cleaner that the contractors can use to suck that stuff up?

7:43 AM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Hi gals!

Nope. The clean up's left to moi. The workers do their version of clean up but....only around where they're working -- not in other areas of the house.

Unfortunately, the dust doesn't stay only where they are working. Sigh!

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home