Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, November 10, 2008

Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer....

After the LSU/BAMA game, as J and I were standing in line at Subway ordering a couple of $5 footlongs, J leaned over and asked me if I heard what music was playing. I listened closely and, sure 'nuff, the strains of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer wafted through the air (I guess I'd been too occupied appreciating the smell of fresh-baked bread to notice). Rudolf was followed by Jingle Bells and the other music de rigueur to the season. (Okay, I probably didn't use that word correctly, but....for some reason....it just begged to be used and I was too lazy to look it up.) But, I've just got to ask, "Isn't it a little too early for Christmas?" I mean, I know merchants are worried, but....let's get through Thanksgiving.

And speaking of Thanksgiving -- has it snuck up on anybody else? Everywhere I went last week people were complaining asking about Thanksgiving plans. I gotta tell you, it surprised the heck out of me. I guess I've been sleep-walking through my days (and many nights), and just let it sneek up on me. Our plans, before Gustav's visit, were to spend Thanksgiving in Raleigh with our NC kids. That ain't gonna happen now. We'll hopefully be easing into the newly finished rooms around Thanksgiving Day. I hated to put off plans to visit the kids but they're coming in for Christmas so....it's all good.

And speaking of the LSU/BAMA game -- BAMA won in overtime. Exciting game -- in many ways. It's always interesting when J's wearing crimson and white (BAMA's colors) and I'm wearing purple and gold (LSU's colors). People stare and often ask what happened. I usually tell them that I thought he was rich. I am so conflicted at that game. I was born and bred a BAMA fan but since my paperwork's from LSU I'm officially a Tiger fan. Don't tell anyone around here but....by the end of the game I was willing BAMA to win and keep their unbeaten record. Of course that means Florida's going to whip their butt in the SEC championship but, again, it's all good. (I can just slip my purple and gold back on....)

That's about all that's going on around here. I had to go back to the dentist last week to have new impressions made. My dentist is a perfectionist and wasn't happy with any of the upteen impressions he already had, but....it's all good. I think the only worker person scheduled to show up today is M-the-contractor stopping by to install the new master bathroom window. I won't shower until he's been here and left. The electrician's got to make another visit, then floor dude will return and see about tweaking the concrete stain, then someone will trim windows and doors, and then....I think it'll be over (unless frickin' Paloma -- or whoever the hell she is -- makes it into the Gulf and heads our way. But, I refuse to think about that right now.) So, it's all good. It's all good. It's all good. etc.... Except when it's not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home