Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, December 19, 2008

Dreams....

I've been having an ongoing discussion with a friend about dreams. I tend to think dreams fall into two main categories -- dreams that are merely working out everyday problems and stresses, and dreams that are warnings and should be paid attention to. I think the second type of dreams are rare (they are with me anyway). Most of my dreams, if I remember them, can be explained with something I saw/heard/thought about a day or so before the dream. I don't know that I've had a monentous dream that made an impact on my life. (I guess I'd remember it if I had!) Over the last few years I have had something unusual (for me) happen in my dreams. It's only happend a very few times but I've heard a word spoken and realized that the word was very important. I've usually waked up and tried to remember the work but for the life of me I haven't been able to. I've come close to remembering but....can't. The first time this happened I actually woke up and grabbed a pencil and paper and wrote down the word, but the next morning I couldn't read what I'd written. Have you ever tried writing down something in complete darkness -- half asleep?

Anywho....this friend of mine has an opinion of dreams that has been keeping me up at night. She believes that when we dream we actually leave our bodies. Is that freaky or what? Leaving your body. What if you can't get back into it? If the fact that this bothers me doesn't prove that I'm too much of a control freak, I don't know what will. The thought of leaving my body, especially if I'm asleep and don't know it, is unsettling to me. Very unsettling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

"Daily residue" is the stuff that finds its way into our dreams.

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home