Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Alone time!

Yesterday was my first alone day. I guess that's what you'd call it. 95% of everything involving the move into the new part of the house is done. (At least I think it's done. It's surprising how in that short span of time since Labor Day I've managed to forget where things actually belong and accept the odd placement of furniture and stuff all around the house.)

Anywhoo....back on point. The new room is pretty much done, the holidays are over, the kids are gone, and J's back at work. So, now, I actually have time to myself. No to-do list waiting from dawn till dusk. Oh, there's still the usual daily stuff, but not the unending tasks that have consumed my days and a big part of my nights. There's still stuff to be done -- tear down the part of the old fence that's still standing/leaning, clear away lots of crap that we pulled to one side of the yard and then covered with those lovely blue tarps until we can deal with it, have some grading done on the yard near the patio, remove the inches of leaves from the front flower beds, new toilet for back bath, window coverings for all the windows in the new room.... I could keep going, but you probably get the message. The fact that we can feel a sense of accomplishment with so much left to be done shows how much there was to do in the first place. (Does that make any sense?)

The insurance company sent several papers for us to make a list of our lost contents -- this was after we sent them a list and a CD with varifying pictures. I guess they didn't like our original list. I don't know why because we sent it on the original set of papers they'd given us. So, now we get to re-do the whole thing. I should start that today. Yep. I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home