Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Diets, music, and piggin' out....

So....once again I've decided to try and shed several unwanted pounds. I'm letting more and more of them creep up/on, and I just don't feel good about it. Weight Watchers online works well for me but I want to get a jump-start, so yesterday I ordered from NutriSystem. I did NutriSystem years ago when I was working and it worked really well. Of course, I was busy running around taxing the kids to and fro -- not to mention working two parttime jobs. That helped. Actually it hurt before NuriSystem because I didn't have time to plan, cook, and eat, so drive-thrus became my really good friends. NutriSystem might not have been the tastiest but it was there and pretty much ready to eat. All I had to do was hand them money each week in exchange for a sack full of food.

Truth be told, I've tried NutriSystem two times since and didn't stick with it. I just couldn't get psyched enough to be able to stomach the dinners. I was fine with the breakfasts and lunches -- not the dinners. So....since I'm so familiar with their food selections by now (Sigh!) I have a plan of attack. I just ordered breakfasts and lunches. I'll use Weight Watchers' recipes for dinner. We'll see if that works. Fingers crossed.

As for the music, I ordered something from Amazon that qualified me for $5 worth of free music downloads. I offered it to the kids when they were here but didn't get any takers so I started using it before the Jan. 31 expiration date. I ordered Sleepy Tigers by xoxoPanda (I think), and a couple of songs from Alison Krauss. Now if I get my iPod to sync with the desk top computer I'll be in good shape. My laptop is still sitting there -- needing to be worked on.

Now, here comes the really sad part of this post. Sad because I do this to myself every time before I start seriously dieting. Just before officially going on a diet, I pig out. So sad -- not to mention stupid. All it does is make for an extra pound or two. You'd think I'd learn, but....nope. Here's my problem, every time I get something from my freezer I see that casserole of dressing left from Christmas. So....since I'm starting my diet soon, I figured it's a good time to thaw, heat, and eat that fattening dish. And that's just what will happen tonight. I have some chicken breasts maranading, a pot full of peas simmering on the stove, and some yam patties thawing. That along with some Sister Schubert's rolls will be dinner. I think I'll put a WW's coke cake in the oven. Maybe then I won't feel so guilty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home