Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Creaks in the night....

Last night my house woke me up two times with its creaking. I heard it even with the bedside fan I keep on all night for white noise. My house has always been noisy but since the tree fell on it the noises are different. Before, we'd swear we heard people moving around, turning on the water or whatever. But now we hear more house noises. I see more cracks above doors and, little by little, the doors in the back of the house are sticking when you try to close them. That's where the tree hit -- the back of the house. A couple of contractors who were giving bids mentioned that the whole house was jarred when the tree hit. I just hope that this is as bad as it gets and no bigger, badder problems are in the offing. Oh, well.

BTW, does anyone have a Kindle from Amazon or know anyone who has one? I'm so tempted to get my name on the list for one (they're backordered), but we so don't need to be spending that kind of money for that kind of thing (a non-necessity). That money could go to getting my laptop fixed or getting double cell shades for the new windows or retiling the back bath or.... Somebody tell me not to get one. I wasn't interesting when I first saw them, but now that I'm finding more time for reading I'm thinking more and more about them. It would be easy to get the exact book I want and there wouldn't be that stack of read paper backs to get rid of. Here I go justifying buying one. I'm in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home