Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, January 08, 2009

And....I thought I was through with all the decorating....

But now the King Cakes are everywhere. And Mardi Gras music is popping up in stores and on the radio. Yep. As I was digging out Christmas decorations I had to move my Mardi Gras tree. "Oh, no!" I thought to myself. "There is no way I'll be decorating for Mardi Gras this year." If the kids hadn't been coming and J hadn't pressed me to get a tree up, I would probably have let Christmas mosey on by. But, by Christmas Eve we had most of the familiar stuff placed around and about, and I must say it was kind of nice -- especially after being at the beach for the holiday last year without the the usual trappings around the condo.

While putting away some of the Christmas decorations, I had to move the huge gaudily beautiful Mardi Gras bowl I got in New Orleans. Okay, I said to myself. I'll put you out in due time. So....when the mood hits, my home will be sporting flashes of the beloved purple and gold -- and beads -- and feathers -- and masks. (So classy.) I'll post pictures when (if) my laptop gets fixed. I'm pulling for the Geek Squad.

To celebrate my decision I think I'll stop by Gambino's for the first King Cake of the season. Praline or raspberry (with cream cheese, of course)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home