Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally settled on a book....

I've been in a reading mood but couldn't settle on a book, but (for the second time) I started Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Poicemen's Union", and this time it captured my attention. In all truthfulness, I think the only reason I didn't stick with it on my first try was because so much was going on that I couldn't concentrate on much of anything. This time around I find myself with that familiar feeling of looking forward to finishing my work so I can escape into the world of whatever book I'm reading, in this case -- Sitka, Alaska. Feels good. Feels normal.

And....yesterday (because it was supposed to be the last of the chilly days we've been having for a while) I thawed the HoneyBaked ham bone and made a ten bean soup. Lots of soup. J really like it, but I prefer veggie soup. I made a Weight Watchers version of corn bread that was pretty good to go along with it. J just called saying he'd had Chinese for lunch and just wanted soup for supper, so....no meal planning or cooking for me today. More time for Sitka....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home