Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This was so funny....

to me, at least. I don't know how I missed it but I didn't hear it until yesterday.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96778345

"Some Truth To An Irish O'Bama?
by Scott Simon


Weekend Edition Saturday, November 8, 2008 ยท There is no apostrophe in Obama, as in O'Leary or O'Hara.

But a small village in Ireland claims the president-elect is a descendant.

Moneygall, a town of 300 on the road between Dublin and Limerick, says that Barack Obama's great, great, great grandfather was born there and hopes for an onslaught of American tourism.

During the campaign, Obama did tell an Irish interviewer that he looked forward to going there and having a pint. There are two pubs in Moneygall, as opposed to the two per address they have in Chicago.

A welcome song has already been written: "O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara, there's no one as Irish as Barack Obama."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home