Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The day the music stopped....

That would be today -- Lent. Partying's over but, of course, the music continues. Now to start taste-testing some of those yummy seafood dishes available everywhere. I'm not Catholic, but around this time of year I try, really try, and do something to improve myself. Tonight, I'll be thinking about what that something is going to be this year. This year I'd really like to turn outward and give something back.

Oh, and if you caught our guv last night after the State of the Union....ewwwww! Horrible performance. HORRIBLE. And he's normally a passable, if not pretty good, speaker so I wasn't worried he'd flub it. I should have sent him some good vibes. Okay so he's dorky. But he's smart and that's not a esay to find quality in leadership around these parts. IMO. And....he usually talks fast and A LOT, but last night his voice sounded an octave higher than normal. I don't know what was up. Nerves? And what was with that walking out of the dark, around the corner to....nothing?

He was just plain bad, and I hate it. It was a chance to showcase someone from down here who wasn't holding out his hand begging, or....being led away in handcuffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home