Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Somebody needs to stop me....

For a few days now I've been ordering, and ordering, and ordering stuff online. It's stuff I need and I've been lucky to find coupons for almost everything I've ordered on retailmenot's web site. Thank you, retailmenot!

So far I've ordered: sparklies for the patio, sparklies for the yard, a really kitchy wall clock for the new room, earrings for moi (Holly Yashi), purple rug and toilet seat cover for one bathroom (yes, purple -- don't ask), coffee and tea, son #3's birthday DVDs from Amazon, and a couple other odds and ends, I think. It all started when I ordered the shades. This is stuff we need and would have bought anyway, I just feel a bit out of control ordering it all at once.

Now I need to get bids on replacement windows for the windows that weren't replaced during the rebuild. I'm acting as if we have money! :/ Mark my words. Everytime I break down and order the things we've been needing for eons, word seems to spread in the ether, one of my kids picks up on it, thinks "Oh! Mom's got the checkbook open!" and calls with a request -- for money. Never fails. We'll see how long it takes this time....

As an aside....I watched Milk and Rachael Getting Married. Liked both of them -- especially Rachael Getting Married. I also watched Frozen River and, even tho it aggravated me to tears at one or two points, I liked it also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home