Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, June 12, 2009

What's up for the weekend?

Not much going on in my part of the swamps. LSU is playing in Omaha (College World Series) Saturday night, and University of Southern Mississippi (my daughter and one of my son's alma mater) is playing Sunday night, so we'll be watching some baseball (at least have it on one tv) while trying to hide out from this heat. I also need to wrap some of J's Father's Day gifts so they'll be ready for him to open before or after our Memphis trip. I'll let him decide when to open them. I bought him an iPod touch and I just know he's going to have a time getting used to it, but.... I thought about an iPhone but he likes his old phone (and I really don't want to pay the monthly iPhone bill). He just wanted something to play games on, so I thought the iPod touch would fill the bill. We'll see. (The longer iPhones hang around, the more I like them. Plus, my dd loves her's, and son #2 works for them.)

Son #1 received his laptop this week. Don't cha just love Amazon? He likes it. (His laptop.) ;) Really likes it. I can tell. He named it. I continue to be surprised that people name their electronics. I'm so clueless around electronic stuff that I'm afraid to get that personal. I'm glad we bought son #1 a full laptop instead of a netbook. I think it will suit his needs more. But....like the iPhone, the more I see the netbooks, the more I want them. Sigh!

Yesterday, while doing some Memphis planning, I found coupons for most of the attractions we want to see. I was a happy lady--I rarely find deals. Sun Studios was one of the coupons offered. So, Jeff from Sun, we'll definitely be stopping by. Even without the coupon we'd have come by--Sun Studio is at the top of my husband's list. Thanks for the invite. Now I feel bad for saying I wasn't looking forward to the trip. I've read posts on Trip Advisor and I must say, Beale Street sounds much more impressive than I was thinking. And I think we'll take the trolley to South Main. The Metal Ornament Museum looks interesting, too. So much to do, so little time.

So....stay safe, stay cool, and enjoy the weekend everyone out there in cyberland.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Helping dear daughter study for Regent exams. She is a special needs child and require extra tlc.

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home