Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lordy, it's HOT!

I can't believe I'm saying that when it's not even July or August, but....it's freakin' HOT! But, as they tell us, at least this high pressure system that's funneling in the heat, is keeping storms out of the Gulf. There's that. After I finish this post I'm going to go take a look at the mountain cabin we rented for Christmas. You know.....you can actually buy cabins (and houses) online? I'm not sure how involved it is, but when the kids were living in MS, a realtor told them that several, several, people had bought houses in Hattiesburg, sight unseen. My impression is that most of the buyers were from California. They could probably sell their CA home, pay cash for one in MS, and maybe even pay off all or some of their bills. Not a bad idea. Wonder what J would do if he came home and I informed him that we are proud owners of a cabin in the mountains? I probably couldn't actually buy one without someone having to talk with him, and, well, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go for it. Pretty sure.

We're headed to Memphis tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting away. I hope it's an easy, relaxing trip. We'll see. Since we'll only be gone a couple of days, everything will fit in my Vera Bradley duffel:
Vera Bradley duffel
(mine is actually retired -- Chelsey Green, but you get the idea (busy!), and my VB purse/tote (the Betsy) with all the pockets (love it!), in another retired color, Vibrant Black: VB Betsy with lots of pockets
I've heard people say that, to them, VB reminds them of a flower garden throwing up, or an LSD trip going bad. Oh, well. :)

Have a nice weekend and a Happy Father's Day everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home