Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Westward Ho - Day 2 aka: Oh, yeah! I remember Texas!

I'd forgotten how big TX is - but an entire day spent on TX roads reminded me. I'd forgotten how long TX roads are, with miles and miles of nutin' - but almost running out of gas on one of those roads that go on forever yet seem to lead to nowhere, reminded me. I'd forgotten how windy TX can be - but driving through Ft. Worth reminded me. I'd forgotten how much meat can be found in TX - but eating BBQs piled a mile high with meat reminded me. I'd forgotten how hubby argues with the GPS - but hearing them bicker all day on those long roads, with the wind blowing the Rogue around and all that damn meat rumbling around in my stomach, reminded me.

That, my friends, was how my day went. We finally made it through TX and into New Mexico. Tonight we sleep in Tucumcari, NM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home