Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, October 21, 2005

Don't bother calling me tomorrow......

'Cause I'm going to be quite busy. Why, you ask? Because......it's the 3rd Saturday in October -- the day when boys become men! It is the....................... ALABAMA/TENN-A-DAMN-SEE FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

(OK, I know tomorrrow's tecnically the 4th Saturday, but I can't control *everything* ya know?? Sometimes it just happens that way. Traditionally it's the 3rd Sat.)

So....I've got my KENtucky whiskey (none of that Tennessee crap allowed in MY house!) at the ready. Actually, margaritas sound better right now. And maybe tamales and enchiladas.

BTW, have you heard the story about the husband and wife BAMA fans whose daughter planned her wedding on the day of the BAMA/Tenn game? Welllllll..mom and dad went to the game, missed the ceremony, but did manage to make the reception.

Reactions to this story vary. Some people think poorly of mom and dad, some shake their heads and chuckle, but a true BAMA fan sees it a tad bit differently. Upon hearing the story a true fan tends to place blame upon the daughter -- shown by the shaking of the head and uttering, "Bitch!". :) (This comes from Warren St. John's book "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer" which I bought for my hubby last Christmas.)

....OK. OK. I don't think BAMA's really going to win this year given NCAA sanctions and all that unfair shit hardship brought about by rules infractions. But -- BAMA's close to being able to win, so close I can alllllllmost smell it. Maye next year.

And, (could the day be any more perfect?) LSU (where I got my paperwork) plays Auburn (the one school all thinking adults hate the most).

But, of course, we (LSU) have a new coach this year. And....he's a bit of a dufus, so I dunno....

Oh, merde, just go ahead and call me if you want to. I've about talked myself out of watching!



Wednesday, October 17, 2001The third Saturday in OctoberBy Beano CookSpecial to ESPN.com
If you are a fan of Tennessee or Alabama football there are two rules to live by: Don't get married on the third Saturday in October, and try not to die -- because in either case, the preacher might not show.

3 Comments:

Blogger jodi said...

Congrats on the win. I'm looking forward to the Georgia/Florida game next Saturday. Georgia, of course!

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Football season. Nothing like it.


LOL,
Deb

8:34 AM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

jar??!!??!! How'd a nice girl like you become a dawg fan?? :)

Just kidding! One of my brothers went to Georgia for a couple of years. He came to his senses tho and came home to graduate from BAMA. :)

Hi deb....yep! Love football season, just wish it was a tad cooler. Umm, actually it's been downright chilly here. Hope it lasts.

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home