Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Gift of Hospitality



Some have it. Some don't. I don't.

My daughter does. She always makes me so comfortable when I stay with her.

Could that be why she always brings a group of people when she comes home? Maybe it's not to aggravate me? Maybe it's because she's a hospitable person -- whether at her home or mine? Maybe she thinks I enjoy entertaining people as much as she does? ....Doesn't she know anything about me!

Because I lack the gift of hospitality, I always celebrate the 26th of December in my own private way. Today, I am wearing my white t-shirt with Ho-Ho-Ho written out in sparklies.

As I go about my errands around the city, people notice my shirt and several smile and make comments to the effect......"Oh, you're like me. I hate for the season to end, too."

I smile sweetly in return. Why burst their bubble?

Ho! Ho! Ho! It's frickin' over.

Ewwww! That doesn't sound nice. But....an unhospitable person can only be pushed so far for so long, and then they need a good long rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

You've got tons of company! The 26th is a bit of relief for all of us. Enjoy the end of the season - sleep late and relax.

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home