Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The magic drink......



Yes, my friends, Diet Coke is becoming my magic cooking ingredient. (Anyone with access to Weight Watchers will understand immediately....)

Just tonight I've used 1 and 2/3 cans of the elixir to prepare supper. One can for the BBQ sauce to coat the chicken for BBQ chicken sandwiches, and one can in making tonight's dessert.

If you've never made WeightWatcher's Diet Coke Cake -- consider doing so. So easy and so good!

All you do is take a box of cake mix, add a can of diet drink, (I usually add 1/4 C egg substitute or an egg white -- but it's not required), and mix it all up. That's all. Two ingredients (well....three if you add an egg white.) Bake as directed on the box. Top with Cool Whip. It's really not bad for a diet dessert.

The general rule of thumb is to match the color of the cake mix with the diet drink. e.g. chocolate cake mix/Diet Coke -- yellow cake mix/diet Sprite/7-Up -- use your imagination.

So....add some oven fries and we'll be eating semi-healthy tonight.


****What to do with that leftover 1/3 can of coke? No problem. Just add a couple of ice cubes and a splash of rum and the cooking is much more enjoyable....

2 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

Oh my God. I love this post. That is the craziest recipe I ever heard of!

5:04 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

evi....I thought the same thing when I first heard the recipe.

But....it works. Really!

9:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home