Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Why can't they ask simple questions?



The kids called from North Carolina today. Their house in MS has sold -- HALLELUJAH! -- so they were driving around checking out houses on the list their real estate agent had given them. And....they called to ask me if I would buy a house next to a cemetery. !!

You see, naturally, they found a great house (super layout, super price, creek in the back, yada, yada....). The only small problem is the cemetery that the bedroom windows overlook. !!

I told them that they'd caught me off guard. I've never been faced with such a decision. I did mention that they would probably be limiting possible buyers when they went to resale....

But....as they continued talking about how great the house was (and how small the cemetery is)I found myself caught up in the excitement. Before I knew it, I was reminding them of "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" and how the crazies locals enjoyed sunsets sipping martinis on benches in their local cemetery.

As J. said, I hope my children have more sense than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home