Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, May 18, 2007

Munny



Such an odd little bit of fun that people do amazing things with. Now, there may be hidden meanings to the Munny thang that I have no idea about. But, to me they represent a means of artistic expression. A blank canvas, so to speak. They require one to think about how to express themselves. Will their Munny express their past, present, or future? Will their Munny be an experimental artistic project? Will their Munny remain a clean canvas upon which to mentally try out hopes, dreams, fears?

Whatever the choice, I think the result could enlighten a person. That's why I sent each of my kids and their friends their own Munnys (ies)? when they moved to North Carolina. It's been interesting hearing what they are doing with (or thinking about doing with) their individual Munnys. They have been quite individualistic in their approaches.

My son, typically, wants to do something so complicated that he doesn't know where to start -- or doesn't want to start at the boring beginning (where he must). One of their friends knew instantly what she wanted to do -- and her choice surprised no one. She is a blissfully uncomplicated soul. She knows what she likes and enjoys her life. The other friend will most likely end up with a Munny that could be auctioned on eBay, making her a tidy sum.

It didn't take my daughter long to decide on a Super Woman Munny. I like that.