Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What is this--and why is it rotating?




I know it's hard to make any sense of the above image, but it's the best one I could find. If you could see it in all its glory, you'd see that it is a subtropical system -- rotatin' its little heart out. Crap!


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


"Year’s 1st named storm forms, 3 weeks before hurricane season

By JESSICA GRESKO
Associated Press Writer

MIAMI | Subtropical Storm Andrea formed Wednesday off the southeastern U.S. coast, more than three weeks before the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season, forecasters said.

Meteorologists didn’t think the storm with top sustained winds near 45 mph would strengthen significantly or be much of a threat. Still, a tropical storm watch was issued for parts of Georgia and Florida, meaning tropical storm conditions are possible within the next 36 hours........"


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And....they're saying here that some models have the thang crossing the Florida panhandle and making its way into the oh, so warm Gulf waters later this week.


Here we go again. Crap-o-la.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just remembered....

Tropical systems can be a good thing -- if your little part of the world needs rain. I remembered this as I was hearing about the fires in Georgia and Florida. Hope it helps them.

I'm still not thrilled that there's a named storm, tho....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home