Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, May 14, 2007

Graduation Time......



Okay, I have to ask -- where does the time go?

Two lovely, intelligent, genuinely nice and caring young ladies in my family are graduating from high school this month. One....I was ready for. The other....caught me by surprise. (I refused to believe she'd grown up so fast -- grown up with me living miles away and not being able to be more part of her life.)

So, a card and a check, along with a few heart-felt handwritten words will try to convey my affection. ....I'll save the sappy, sentimental reminiscing for a phone call to the parents.

P.S. Occasions such as these often times remind me that I'm in a mixed marriage. J.'s darling little cousin is graduating from a high school in a city in AL where the other university is located. (Not her fault -- both her mom and dad teach there.)

On the other hand -- my adorable little niece is graduating from Paul W. Bryant High School. ....Three guesses where my brother lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home