Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Things I wonder about......



I wonder why: when the cleaners gives you a ticket saying you can pick up your clothes on Wednesday -- why the ticket (or the person working there) doesn't say Wednesday, after five pm!

I wonder why: after shopping, making your way to the checkout, where you stand in line for over ten minutes, until the manager finally notices that the checkout lines are snaking to the back of the frickin store, and she calls for extra workers to open more registers -- why it's always the shoppers who are just walking up to the checkouts that get the choice of the newly opened registers.

I wonder why: every store I go in (including my bank), I'm met by an employee who says -- hello, I'm new and have no idea what I'm doing so I'll double check everything I do with my manager, which means it's gonna take three times as long to get anything done.

I wonder why: this city I live in won't wake up, smell the coffee and realize the storm's changed where we live, so for gawd sake -- GROW UP! Quit making people carry you kickin' and screamin' into reality.

I wonder why: I continue to live in a place that's hotter than hell -- or, as I heard someone put it today, "It's Africa hot outside."

Can you tell I didn't have a good day? sniff! sniff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rice said...

Hi, I am now in the witness protection program. JOKE.
I set my blog to private for a bit until I can figure out how to stop this neighbor from reading it! I will be back.

6:47 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Thanks for letting me know. Good luck and hurry back.

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home