Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Heartbreak



9:30 PM Sunday night, barking dogs brought a local woman to her front door where she found Army officials waiting outside. This woman had two sons serving in Iraq so she knew something had happened. She asked what had happened. The officers told her they couldn't tell her until her husband arrived home. She called her husband. She asked which son it was. The officers wouldn't tell her anything until her husband arrived.

Thirty minutes later, thirty minutes later, thirty minutes later, when her husband finally sped up the drive, the mom and step-dad were told which son had been killed.

The army said that both mom and step-dad were on the next-of-kin to notify list and they decided to wait until both parents were present for moral support.

As with the Virginia Tech massacre, I have no words to express my feelings.

3 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

I just have tears in my eyes. thank you for this post. for reminding people that the losses are real for this country. that parents are having their hearts torn out of their bodies in grief. this war has to end - but that won't happen until someone in the Bush family is drafted.

5:48 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

So sad...............

5:54 AM

 
Blogger Rice said...

I just can't imagine this. It is everyone's worst nightmare. I am sooo angry about the loss of lives..alll lives.

6:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home