Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I feel as if I'm back in the 1960's......






"Click here -- Jena Six"




As people are mobilizing, as people are talking of demonstrations, as we attempt to deal with our feelings of deja vu, as I ordered my "Free the Jena Six" tee shirt this morning, I felt a twinge of familiar feelings. Back in the day (the '60s) there was a kind of excitement as we were talking about causes and movements and changing things for the better. But today, I don't feel those feelings. I just feel sad. Very, very, very sad.

Haven't we learned anything?

And, as with Katrina, our state suffers from a lack of leadership. Our duly elected governor, our state's leader is off in Spain -- drumming up jobs. Part of her job, you say? Sure, but after the press we're getting. After Thursday's rally. Can you tell me with a straight face that anyone is going to want to locate any business here? Yeah! Sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home