Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, June 22, 2007

We interrupt this blog because......



well....because I'm going to be traveling for the next seven weeks or so. Off to Dallas and then to New York for most of July and August where I'll be spending seven weeks in New York this summer. Seven weeks learning (and acquiring a certificate) to teach non-English speaking people to speak English (with a Southern accent, I imagine. But....that can't be helped.)

I've been admitted. I've found an apartment to sublet. I've orderd most of the texts. I've done most everything except convince myself that I'm actually going to do it! I mean, it's been years since I've been in school (as a student or as a teacher).

Yet, why do I feel so excited about it? Why am I not scared and anxious? Why am I actually moving forward -- step by step? Have I lost my mind? (I don't really need that last question answered....)

4 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

Oh my gosh! Where are you going to school? Let me know if you need any help with anything and please buy
a "NTF" book - Not For Tourist Guide of New York. It has the best maps and the best info - you can get it on line!

7:24 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Have a wonderful time!!!!!! And make sure you get a Zagats restaurant book and check out the great food in the big apple.

9:51 AM

 
Blogger HAR said...

I am so excited for you. You are brave and I am sure you will be glad that you did this!
Fellow NY blogger.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Guilty Secret said...

Good luck with the course and have fun!
GS

7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home