Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Duane Reade does not sell alcohol......



Wanna know how I know? Because I asked -- much to my chagrin. How was I to know? Every self-respecting drug store I was used to back home sold liquor. But....not in NY. Nope! I had a heck of a time finding a liquor store -- for a bottle of wine(and that necessary bottle of rum -- what else can you do with a Diet Coke?).

One interesting thing is that before I left NY Duane Reade was selling beer. Some native NYers in my classes were amazed. Some who had heard my story blamed it on me. I assume no responsibility for Duane Reade's decisions....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home