Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, June 14, 2010

Not exactly the reaction I was going for....

I was excited to tear into my new batch of imps from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - a neat family run business in California, with super customer service. Imps are what they call their scent testers - so cute! You could spend hours on their site reading about their scent blends, believe me when I tell you that! My new order had come in a few days before but I'd been waiting to open the package until I could savor the experience. ....It's been a hell of a few weeks, so I take my joy where I can find it. Saturday was the day I decided I needed to find some joy, so I put everything else on hold and settled down with the package of goodies.

I spent a good while sniffing and checking BPAL's site to educate my nose to just what individual scents it was sniffin'. I'm getting better at recognizing
smells. After I had sniffed four or so imps my nose got overloaded and I knew it was time to stop sniffing and just chose one to wear - the scents take on a different smell once they are applied....they morph (or whatever). It's actually lovely to smell how one ingredient comes to the front only to be replaced by another. So. I apply what I think is a nice lemony smell and start walking through the house - only to hear J. yell out, "What's that smell? Did you open an air freshener?"

"Nope," I say - heading for the door to go air myself out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home