Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, December 12, 2010

West Ho - Day 3, aka The Day My Hair Died

I guess it's the cold temps, or maybe the lack of humidity, or maybe just a combination of the two - whatever the reason, my hair gave up the ghost today, right smack dab in the middle of Tucumcari, NM. After showering and dressing, I started brushing my hair as usual. Oy vey! It stuck straight up in the air - as if each individual strand was raising its arms and surrendering. WTH? After patting and pressing, I decided I had to be brave, go about my day, and ingore the stares directed my way. What I can't understand (besides why my stupid hair is acting this way) is why everyone else's hair looks fine.

Besides the hair crisis, we drove through the entire state of NM and most of AZ - ogling impressive scenery along the way, until it got too dark to see. Yet, we continued on in the dark - over really high mountains to get to our destination. We were both exhausted after that drive. We also crossed the Continental Divide, ate some unusual food, drank some unusual coffee from various truck stops, and saw one of hubby's must-sees - Meteorite Crater. The night ends in Kingman, AZ. On to Sacramento, CA tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home