Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

RV-ing



Last weekend, this movie was on PayPerView for $1.99, so I rented it.

Why, you ask?

Because we (J & I & #3 son) lived the RV lifestyle for close to ten years. While I'll admit that it had its moments, on the whole, it was hell.

Think about it. Moi was stuck in the RV, homeschooling #3 son while J was out and about working. OK! So he was working -- but, still, he wasn't stuck in the RV.

Think about what I just said: RV. Nine year old son. Husband gone all day (or night, if he was working the night shift). RV park. ....Get the picture?

We have lots of memories of those dazes -- lots of memories. We worked (and pulled the RV) all across this wonderful country. We met lots of people -- all memorable in their own ways. So this movie provided me with some laughs.

Living on the road had its challenges, but the straw that broke this camel's back was trying to keep up two households. While traveling, we, of course, kept our home. (Thank the good Lord for that!) And....while we were traveling, at least one (at times, two) of our children were living in the house while they were....in college, working, in college while working, working while in college.

What this meant was that I had two households to oversee -- one on the ground and one on the road. It wasn't fun.

For the last two years, J has been working in BR, just down the road from our house. But....that 5th wheel is still parked in the back yard -- waiting.

I'm glad our neighbors aren't close enough to hear me saying, "Screw you," as I pass the trailer.

1 Comments:

Blogger parker said...

Going out for a vacation in a RV motorhome is probably among the most memorabble experiences one could have. Just consider your daily needs and make due provisions to have all the accessories well in place before zooming out towards the your destination.

3:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home