Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, January 26, 2007

Well, they're there......



Two of my kids have moved to North Carolina--Wake Forest, to be exact. A group of five people--along with four cats--just packed up and moved. One of them has a job. The new house they (actually, the one with the job) bought in Hattiesburg less than a year ago is on the market. Which means they are still responsible for the mortgage payment....

So. They've been in Wake Forest for a week and a day. As far as I can tell, they are: Renting a house that is way too expensive for them. Renting a house that is way too big for them. Looking for jobs....while renting this big, expensive house. Checking out shopping centers....while looking for jobs and renting this big, expensive house. I could go on, but--it doesn't get any better.

Have they lost their minds?

Will they all stay at least a year? (If they don't, the one with the job will have to pay back her relocation money.)

Will the MS house sell, quickly?

....Why am I worried? They made the choice. They're smart and capable. They're happy. They're excited.

Yet I can't help wondering--have they lost their minds!

2 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

Well if you're going to lose your mind you might as well lose it a big, huge, expensive house! I've never heard of groups purchasing a home. I wish it was that easy up here.

5:13 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

evi, the one gal with the job actually took out the loan for the MS house. My daughter couldn't get a loan because she hadn't been working at her job for long enough.

So, legally, only one of them actually owns the house, and is responsible for the loan. But.... my daughter and another gal chipped in on the downpayment and the monthly payments.

They have some sort of agreement about dividing up the profits percentage wise. The three of them are honorable, responsible people, but you never know what life might throw your way so I think this is dangerous for their friendships, but....no one listens to me. :/

And they are finding out that the house needs lots of work. It's been sitting empty for a year or so.

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home