Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fairhope, Alabama



There is no other place I've been that compares to this small, quaint, eccentric -- just down right odd and lovely little city on the bluffs overlooking Mobile Bay.

Can you imagine, in a small south Alabama city I met a French shop owner, a British shop owner, and an Irish bar owner -- all in one day? I guess I shouldn't be surprised because Sunday, the maintenance man who stopped by the condo, once owned the #1 restaurant in Nashville. He came to Gulf Shores on vacation, said "This is where I'm meant to be." Went home, sold everything, and moved down here. From our windows high above the Gulf, he pointed out the gulf-front homes of a former record label owner, and the home of one of the Everly brothers, and the homes of a couple of other entertainers.

When this odd little part of Alabama starts working its magic on you -- you'd better watch out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home