Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Middlesex......



I finally bought the book. When I first heard about it I had no interest in reading it. For some reason, the title had me thinking it was of the early English lit ilk --which I learned to dislike (along with early American lit) in college. I hadn't even read a synopsis. Even hearing people talk about enjoying it didn't peak my curiosity.

But, finally, standing in front of rows of books at Target, and having no selection in mind, I picked up Middlesex and read the cover. Not at all what I'd expected. I bought it. Took it home. Started reading and voila! Now I see what so many were talking about.

I plan to snuggle in on this chilly, rainy day with a cup of British tea and get lost in the world of Middlesex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home